The Technical Service Engineer supports MANN+HUMMEL Water & Fluid Solution’s (previously MICRODYN-NADIR) growth by providing product and application expertise both to customers as well as our organization. The Technical Service Engineer will have the responsibility to support the sales growth of our hollow fiber UF products, tubular and capillary products, as well as our ceramic UF product in the North American market. This position will support field trials, on-site plant inspections, and technical training of operators, as required. The position will collect, analyze, and document field trials to support ongoing process and product improvement programs. This position will report to the North American Technical Service Manager and be part of the Technical Service Team. The Technical Service Engineer will interface with customers, sales, marketing, and engineering staff within MANN+HUMMEL Water & Fluid Solutions.
This is a full-time, salary position. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of assigned products and targeted applications.
- Answers product, operation, and application questions from current and prospective clients. Answers similar questions from within the organization.
- Designs membrane system layouts using proprietary company software.
- Supports customer pilot testing or leads internal pilot/application testing.
- Provides system start-up support.
- Provides technical training to sales professionals, customer operators, and other technical service engineers.
- Recognizes, anticipates, and solves customer problems to minimize warranty liabilities.
- Able to troubleshoot customer problems and provide recommendations for corrective actions. Depending on the situation, this may be accomplished from the office or in the field.
- Defines annual, value-creating personal goals consistent with business strategy.
- Develops and builds relationships with internal and external customers.
- Understands and proactively analyses customer’s product and service needs, industry, and business.
- Writes case studies, application bulletins, technical papers, and journal articles. Participates in and presents papers at conferences and industry meetings as appropriate.
- Develop and give oral and written presentations to customers, industry players, and MANN+HUMMEL Water & Fluid Solutions business leaders as needed.
- Other duties commonly performed by specific Technical Service Engineers includes product design input, managing warranties, supporting regulatory and third-party product approvals, and other product-related activities.
- Perform job duties with business ethics that represents the company in accordance with its values and vision.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Technical aptitude and curiosity
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment
- Desire to work with and help customers
- Ability and desire to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently (self-starter)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Good analytical problem-solving ability
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work with tools
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or other related technical discipline preferred
3-5 years’ experience in a technical, field service, or operations role, preferably with a supplier of wastewater treatment equipment or wastewater treatment facility
- 3-5 years’ prior experience in a customer service role; experience in such a role at a manufacturing company is preferred but not required
- A valid driver’s license in applicable geographic areas
This position may require moderate to extensive domestic travel
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in a production and office environment, utilizing lab, industrial, and office equipment. The job may require the employee to safely handle, use, and dispose of chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and write in a professional manner. The employee is also required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.