The Product Manager is responsible for the strategy and management of a product family and related accessories with the goal of maximizing the long-term revenue growth and profitability of the business. This position will work closely with sales managers to achieve revenue and margin targets, including making sales calls on customers with sales personnel. The Global Product Manager will interface with Sales, Marketing, Technical Service, R&D, Operations and Supply Chain departments.
The Global Product Manager – Process & Specialty will be focused on membrane products for process and specialty applications, such as food, dairy, beverage, sweeteners, and more. This role will manage the TRISEP®, TurboClean®, SPIRA-CEL®, and NADIR® brands for each of the responsibilities listed below.
This is a full-time, salaried position. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Assume ownership for the pricing and profitability of the products; develops Capex plans for products
- Develop product portfolio roadmap and strategic priorities in alignment with global teams
- Generate novel ideas for defining and bringing to market innovative products and technologies
- Supports the sales organization with product marketing materials, sales tools, product training, and more
- Makes competitive and market analysis, including information of customer needs (VoC), global product positioning, and go-to-market strategies
- Tendering – Projects – Reviews win/losses and attends relevant pipeline reviews
- Monitors competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance
- Works with sales managers to support them in the development and deployment of the local Business Plans
- Drives concepts to market (prioritizes investments, ensures successful product / feature launch)
- Ensures operating success of product line (optimize product features, explore new markets, channels and alliances and localization)
- Collaborates with Sales, Marketing, and R&D to rigorously drive next generation value propositions
- Coordinates revenue plans with Sales and Marketing (now Brand future product line)
- Participate in the S&OP process and provide regular sales updates and forecasts
- Approve sales contracts
- Define the channel strategy for the assigned products within the framework of the channel strategies for the business unit
- Analyze global market and associate requirements to drive R&D on product development
- Develop robust business cases for growth opportunities with deep understanding of the market, competition, and customer needs
- Identify key portfolio gaps with in-depth analysis of the portfolio and align internal teams on new product strategy and tactics
- Develop and give oral and written presentations to customers, industry players, and MICRODYN-NADIR business leaders as needed
- Develop and execute marketing plans and launch plans in collaboration with the Core Team, global marketing, and regional teams to create robust new product pipeline
- Champion an ethical business culture that represents the company in accordance with its values and vision
- Manage all aspects of the global product positioning, go-to-market strategies, and pricing
- Translate technical capabilities and features into meaningful customer benefits and messages
- Develop expertise on customer buying criteria, target customer segmentation, competition to create strategies to win in the market
- Established and maintains a strong competitive position through strategic and tactical execution of growth opportunities
- Monitor and communicate new product performance success metrics, KPIs
- Actively seeks new ways to leverage research solutions portfolio of products and services to create solution-based offerings and/or optimize current solution offerings
- Develop a standardized tool for pricing comparison and analytics and train regional teams
- Monitor and assess the impact of pricing policies and adjustments
- Manage product lifecycle from the discover, develop, deploy and retire
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or equivalent/related field from accredited institution. Possess Professional Engineering registration or equivalent experience. Masters degree in Business Administration is desirable.
Training and Experience:
Minimum 5 years of sales experience and 10 years total experience – including international market. Previous experience as a Product Marketing / Sales Manager greatly preferred.
This position may require moderate to extensive global travel
- English (Level 3), German (Level 3), and other languages would be an advantage
- Membrane market and products in process applications including food & dairy, sweetener, beverage, etc. (wastewater treatment and water purification applications also helpful)
- Sales experience and knowledge of sales process within process industry (water and wastewater experience helpful)
- Self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to coach and work with others, especially those in other functions
- Lives the FILTER values
- Understanding of customer and market needs, both stated and unarticulated
- An understanding of financial and business analysis
- A thorough knowledge of applicable products, services, and capabilities
- A forward thinking, customer-focused, creative mind
- A passion for excellence and a proven ability to succeed
- Ability to react and build consensus quickly
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated integrity and the ability to lead by example
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in a production, warehouse, and office environment, utilizing standard safety and environmental and office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to move and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.