The Field Service Technician will have the responsibility to support the sales growth of MANN+HUMMEL Water & Fluid Solutions. This position will support field trials, on-site plant inspections, installation supervision on new sites for RO, UF, MBR, and technical training of operators. The position will collect, analyze, and document field trials to support on-going process and product improvement programs. This position will report to the Sales Director and be part of the technical service team. The Field Service Technician will interface with customers, sales, marketing, and engineering staff within MANN+HUMMEL Water & Fluid Solutions.
This is a full-time, salaried position. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Responsible for field trials and on-site technical support
- Implementing/managing field trials and recording/documenting the data
- Create field service and test reports as required
- Ability to travel 2-3 weeks per month
- Ability to present operator training programs
- Other duties as assigned
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good mechanical aptitude and ability to repair equipment and solve problems
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to interact collaboratively across functions
- Good technical writing, documentation, and analytical skills
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent technical degree.
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline is beneficial.
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical, field service, or operations role
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical problem-solving ability
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work with small hand tools
No supervisory responsibilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in a plant environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times while working on equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to move and use hands. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. The position may require the ability to stand on feet up to 8 hours per day.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.