The Technical Service Engineer supports MICRODYN-NADIR’s growth by providing product and application expertise both to external and internal customers.
This is a full-time, salaried position. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of assigned MICRODYN-NADIR products and targeted applications.
- Answers product, operation, and application questions from current and prospective clients. Answers similar questions from within the organization.
- Designs membrane system layouts using proprietary company software.
- Supports customer pilot testing or leads internal pilot / application testing.
- Provides system start-up support.
- Provides technical training to sales professionals, customer operators, and other technical service engineers.
- Recognizes, anticipates, and solves customer problems to minimize warranty liabilities.
- Able to troubleshoot customer problems and provide recommendations for corrective actions. Depending on the situation, this may be accomplished from the office or in the field.
- Defines annual, value-creating personal goals consistent with business strategy.
- Develops and builds relationships with internal and external customers and influencers.
- Understands and proactively analyzes customer’s product and service needs, industry, and business.
- Writes technical papers and journal articles. Participates in and presents papers at conferences and industry meetings as appropriate.
- Develops and gives oral and written presentations to customers, industry players, and MICRODYN-NADIR business leaders as needed.
- Other duties commonly performed by specific Technical Service Engineers include product design input, managing warranties, supporting regulatory and third-party product approvals, and other product-related activities.
- Performs job duties with business ethics that represent the company in accordance with its values and vision.
- Other duties as assigned
A university degree in an engineering discipline is required unless the candidate has previous experience with assigned products. A degree in chemical engineering is preferred.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar role and previous experience with membrane products is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Technical aptitude and curiosity
- Ability to successfully work within a team environment
- Desire to work with and help customers
- Ability and desire to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently (self-starter)
- Listens well and asks critical questions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
No supervisory responsibilities
This position may require occasional travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in a production and office environment, utilizing lab, industrial, and office equipment. The job may require the employee to safely handle, use, and dispose of chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and write in a professional manner. The employee is also required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.