Under the supervision of the Membrane Engineering Manager, the Senior R&D Engineer is responsible for the development and improvement of our membrane products and processes.
In this role, the Senior R&D Engineer will manage projects from concept through implementation including budgets and timelines to support the department’s strategic growth plans; provide technical support to the membrane manufacturing department to ensure proper resolution of quality issues; evaluate current casting and coating technologies and propose improvements/investments designed to improve quality and increase output while decreasing costs.
This includes but is not limited to process development, product development, project management, production support, maintenance of bill of materials, recipes, and specifications.
This is a full-time, salaried position. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Design and development of pilot and production membrane lines.
- Optimize existing membrane processes to improve quality, increase output, and decrease costs.
- Manage membrane programs with development partners.
- Provide technical expertise to membrane manufacturing to resolve quality issues.
- Coordinate with Technical Engineers on trial production.
- Project Management including planning, budgeting, execution, tracking, and reporting.
- Support customers, both external and internal, providing technical information as required.
- Manage membrane bills of materials, recipes, and specifications.
- Adhere to our core values of teamwork, integrity, excellence, and reliability.
- Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry is required.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience working in a membrane manufacturing company
- In-depth knowledge of membrane products and processes
- Project management experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with/without guidance
- Data analysis and statistics
- Strong work ethic
- Creative problem-solver
- Self-directed with drive to learn
No supervisory responsibilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in a lab, manufacturing, and office environment, utilizing standard lab and manufacturing coating equipment and instruments. The employee may be required to work with hazardous chemicals used in the manufacture of semi-permeable membranes in a lab or manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to move and use hands. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.