MICRODYN-NADIR is a membrane solutions manufacturer for all water and process needs, whose mission is to Make Clean Water. Headquartered in Wiesbaden, Germany, MICRODYN-NADIR has locations in Europe, Asia and the Americas. The company offers a wide range of membrane products used to purify water and wastewater, recover valuable products in food and dairy streams, and minimize wastewater from many industrial applications.
MICRODYN-NADIR is the water business of MANN+HUMMEL, a $4 billion filtration company based in Germany with thousands of customers across the globe. For more information, visit us online at www.microdyn-nadir.com.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Quality Manager to join our team. In this role, the successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring our quality management system performance and deliver continual improvement in product quality and processes. This position will serve as the key focal point for our customers, suppliers, and global corporate entity for quality management issues.
This is a full-time, salaried position. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
- Strong leadership, project management, and analytical skills
- Strong Quality Management System knowledge
- Knowledge of product regulatory certification requirements
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental reporting requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- ISO Management Representative. Responsible for conducting timely Management Reviews with site leadership team to provide updates on adequacy of Quality System and attainment of internal and external operational and financial goals.
- Maintain and continuously improve the company’s ISO Quality Management System.
- Enhance and implement effective measures to improve quality performance with specific focus on product quality, product consistency, customer complaints, and quality cost.
- Management of internal, external, and customer quality / process audits assuring a high level of performance as exhibited by audit results; ensure development and execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customer specifications.
- Supervise and schedule Incoming, Final Inspection, and Testing activities in order to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Design and prepare procedures to support Quality operations.
- Ensure that calibration system is effective and complies with company operating procedures.
- Ensure that testing operations are performed within guidelines of customer requirements and specifications.
- Manage and improve the non-conforming material review and control process.
- Develop quality plans to review current specifications, procedures, and operational limits to ensure product quality.
- Assess suppliers’ product specifications and quality plans; develop and implement supplier quality performance criteria and monitoring systems; perform supplier audits.
- Work with Technical Service to review and address customer complaint issues; initiate associated corrective actions and improve processes and procedures, as required.
- Interface with local regulatory function on requirements and develop and review systems to ensure compliance.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure that the employee training system is effectively maintained.
- Work with Manufacturing department managers and team members to define the implementation strategies for continuous quality improvement across the organization.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for quality operations in a regulated environment (cGMP or equivalent).
- Health, Safety, & Environment (HSE) management: Planning, implementation, control, and optimization of operational processes in the areas of health protection, workplace safety, and environmental management.
- Definition of HSE processes, guidelines, and workplace safety standards.
This position currently has five direct reports.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Certified Quality Engineer and/or Manager (ASQC, CQE, CQM) desirable
Training and Experience:
7 – 10+ years of experience in the development, use, and improvement of Quality Management Systems
3 – 5 years of managerial experience leading a Quality Team in a manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, medical, OEM, or Tier 1 Supplier with high focus on Customer Experience.
Extensive experience in quality management systems, processes, and ISO Certification.
Demonstrated success in leading cultural transformation to attain exceptional levels of quality and operational excellence performance.
Patience, perseverance, and passion to drive a quality culture across the plant and the organization.
Supplier development experience
- Proficient in the use of quality tools and methods (i.e. SPC, 8D, 5Y, Sampling Methods, etc.)
- Health, safety, & environment (HSE) systems and standards
- Practical knowledge of quality and measuring techniques
- MRP/ERP systems
- Proficient in data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Fluent written and verbal language skills in English; Spanish, and/or German a plus.
- Computer skills (MS Office)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and coaching skills (written and verbal) at all levels from the shop floor to top management
- Ability to influence manufacturing leaders and support organizations
- Lead, train, mentor, and develop talent
- Strong team player
- Professional and service-oriented attitude, both within the company and with customers and suppliers
- Ability to combine strategic thinking with short- and mid-term planning and implementation skills
- Customer management skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.