The Operations Manager will have the responsibility to manage and grow the operations department including production, maintenance, facilities, and engineering. Key responsibilities for this manager include meeting production schedules, ensuring product quality, decreasing scrap, and driving efficiency gains to increase manufacturing capacity and reduce production costs. The Operations Manager will also manage the Supply Chain group for materials and production scheduling, the Quality group to ensure product quality, and interface with the Administrative group to review and control expenses, labor absorption, and standard costs. This position will interface with senior and executive management with regard to establishing production goals, performance, and a vision to support future growth. Based in Goleta, California, USA.
This is a full-time, salary position. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
- Manufacturing management and process improvement experience; understanding of lean manufacturing, six sigma, and process improvement concepts
- Dynamic leader and people manager with outstanding communication and analytical skills
- Ability to implement manufacturing best practices and track technology trends
- Ability to interact collaboratively across functions and influence others
- Financial skills including cost modeling, cost analysis, basic income statement, and balance sheet understanding
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP/CRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Responsible for operations management of the production facility in Goleta, CA
- Manage the Engineering group
- Manage the Facilities Management and Maintenance group
- Manage the Production department
- Manage the Supply Chain and Quality departments
- Ensure the consistent implementation of the production basics
- Decrease membrane and element scrap
- Improve product quality
- Improve equipment utilization
- Increase labor efficiency
- Decrease production costs
- Increase capacity to meet expected demand from the S&OP process
- Improve on-time shipments
- Ensure that the equipment and machinery have the capability to produce goods that meet our standards
- Improve operator training programs
- Plan and manage the Operations budget
- Develop an operations plan to support the company’s five-year business plan
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other related disciplines
5-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing management position
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in an office or manufacturing environment, utilizing standard manufacturing or office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to move and use hands. The employee is often required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.