The New Business Development Representative will focus on new customer acquisition. This position involves extensive cold calling on potential new customers, business referrals, or web leads to gain market share and generate revenue growth. Must be outgoing, energetic, resilient, able to overcome objections, well-spoken, and eager to close sales, increase revenue, and find the next target customer.
The New Business Development Representative is based in Goleta, California, but remote may be considered depending on experience. This is a full-time, salaried position.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Cold calling; making multiple daily outbound calls/initiating email correspondence with potential clients
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support
- Researching potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients
- Presenting and delivering information to potential clients
- Answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions
- Working with sales and product management to close sales
- Tracking weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics
- Building pipelines with channel partners and team members to close sales
- Maintaining database (Salesforce, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- Other duties as assigned
A university degree is preferred; education plus work experience will be considered.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar role and previous experience with membrane products is preferred. Previous experience in outbound call center, inside sales experience, or related sales experience preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Passion for sales
- Possess an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently (self-starter)
- Ability to actively listen and ask critical questions
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people all day
- Creative, resourceful, persuasive, and goal-oriented
- Eager to expand business with new sales, customers, and markets
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- In-depth understanding of company products, target markets, and value propositions
- Tenacity to handle rejection and work with a positive attitude when reaching next potential client
- Ability to follow sales process from initiation to close
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
No supervisory responsibilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in a production and office environment, utilizing lab, industrial, and office equipment. The job may require the employee to safely handle, use, and dispose of chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and write in a professional manner. The employee is also required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.